Santa Monica, California

We purchased a bed on 8/2/15. In stock. Got a delivery email notification on Tuesday and said it was scheduled for Wednesday 8/5/15. Their own email tells you to call if this doesn't work and to reschedule if necessary. We weren't able to make the 8/5/15 and rescheduled for 8/10/15(They didn't have availability on Thursday or Friday) between 1-3pm. I leave work early and get a call at 12:35pm on 8/10/15 telling me they are short one part in our delivery and will have to cancel delivery. I call customer service and they're not sure when the part will arrive, so they can't hold another delivery date.

The very next day I get another email to schedule delivery. The soonest is now FRIDAY 8/14/15. I call customer service and ask if they can expedite this since I have been waiting patiently since Wednesday and they tell me its up to the delivery company and to call them. The delivery company refers me back to customer service.

In addition to all this, their customer service rep tried to pass the blame onto me since I couldn't do the original Wednesday delivery. Even though they email ONE DAY before and specifically tell you to call and reschedule a new delivery date if this doesn't work.

So, as of now I'm still waiting on delivery.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

West Elm Cons: Late delivery, Lack of action to fix the problem, Delivery time frame.

Comments

I had almost the exact same experience! They canceled two of my delivery dates last minute due to missing parts.

It took me two months to get my bed!