1.8
Style and Design

My return was picked up on July 5th. The system shows the return was received more than a week ago.

A Senior Lead for Williams-Sonoma Inc claims they processed two credits to my Amex on July 6th for $1274.59 and $783. A customer service representative from West Elm reiterated that claim today and sent me a "receipt" he claimed was "proof" the amount was returned to my Amex. This receipt only says that the returned merchandise was received by West Elm. It says nothing about a credit.

Amex says there is still no credit pending. Nobody at West Elm seems concerned that around $2,100 of my money remains with West Elm even though all I received from West Elm was mangled furniture that arrived late and was subsequently returned. Calling customer service is a fools errand -- call volumes into the customer service department are "higher than normal" 100% of the time, so unless you have 30+ minutes of uninterrupted time to wait on hold with customers service before being transferred multiple times, there seems to be no solution.

I have received several empty apologies. All I want is to see the credit on my Amex.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Customer Care.

Reason of review: a combination of many of the above: poor customer service, bad quality, problem with delivery, order processing issue, trouble with refund, broken promises, misinformation, excessive hold times, mangled furniture..

I didn't like: Excessive wait times with customer service, Failture to return money once return received, Delays with delivery, Damanged merchandise, No respect for my time.

Company wrote 0 private and 2 public responses to the review from Jul 14.

Comments

WestElmSocialTeam
#1519260
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello, Thank you for your post. I apologize for this continued experience.

I've sent you a private message with my personal contact information. I look forward to hearing from you.Thank you,AlisonWest ElmSocial Media

WestElmSocialTeam
#1519256
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello,Thank you for your post. I can certainly understand and appreciate your frustration and disappointment with us. I'm truly sorry for this experience.I would like to review your order and provide you with exact information as to the status of your credit.Please contact me at my personal address with your order number:amanville@wsgc.comOnce I've received your email, I will review your order and be in touch.Sincerely,AlisonAlison ManvilleWILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC.Lead- Social Media Customer Careamanville@wsgc.comThursday – Monday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm PST