West Elm - Tillary tufted sofa - poor quality after 18 months!
We bought our Tillary tufted sofa (all the pieces/full set) Summer 2014 at West Elm's newly opened London store for almost £3000. It was initially delivered 2 months late, and the corner back rest even later. I was told by customer service that this was because the couches weren't passing Quality Control and were being sent back to the states to be remade. This made me quite worried initially, and I should have cancelled my order then and there! This sofa cost us almost 70% more in the UK than what it sells for in the US so it's luxury sofa prices over here!
18 months later, we've had some issues with the quality and unfortunately this expensive sofa hasn't lasted. (Keep in mind that even though we have two small children, our flat is a pied-à-terre that we only use periodically, so this sofa has been very lightly used.)
1. THE MAIN PROBLEM - On two of the pieces, the frame of the couch is sagging & protruding at the front edge, right in the area where you sit. Which leads me to believe the wooden frame is weak/cracked & poorly designed to withstand normal wear & tear. Has anyone else had this problem? (It's not like any of us are over weight or anything, so not sure why this has happened.)
2. We ordered the light grey micro-fabric. Like many reviews here, the fabric is loose and wrinkly and hasn't stretched back to its original shape.
3. We have the biggest two pieces up against a wall, and they slip all the time. My husband is planning to attach some rubber bits under the legs to keep it from slipping, so hopefully this will do the trick!
This all makes me very sad because I like the sofa very much - aesthetically it's perfect for our space & I like the flexibility of moving the pieces around. I'd also note that the fabric is easy to clean when say your toddler marks on it with a ballpoint pen - it comes right off! But overall, I'd say that if you want a couch which lasts you a long time and is good value vs quality... this is not the right couch for you! HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK RETURNING PIECES OR GETTING THEM REPLACED? I'd like them to replace the pieces where the frame is sagging, as it's only been 18 months!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Late delivery
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "I ordered 4 bar stools from west elm and when I received them the seat colors are totally different than in the web page and on a model in a..."
- "I ORDERDED A SECTIONAL COUCH ON 12/1/16 THEN CANCELLED 10 HOURS LATER ON 12/02/16.. ON 12/03/16 WEST ELM BILLED MY CREDIT CARD.. I CALLED THEM BACK ON 12/04/16 To INQUIRE..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I would like to take time to comment about this rental in detail. The house is on the Leyton tube station and the walk from the tube station is not..."
- "I bought a HAGALUND, Two-seat sofa-bed, Blekinge white at IKEA -Lakeside.The cashier confirmed that the item will be delivered to my door. On the delivery day, the delivery man refused..."
- "A seller, i recently shipped 2 tickets from London to Swindon for a coldplay concert on the 15th of June. The tickets will reach the buyer on the 14th of..."