100% full Not resolved
2.3

We bought our Tillary tufted sofa (all the pieces/full set) Summer 2014 at West Elm's newly opened London store for almost £3000. It was initially delivered 2 months late, and the corner back rest even later. I was told by customer service that this was because the couches weren't passing Quality Control and were being sent back to the states to be remade. This made me quite worried initially, and I should have cancelled my order then and there! This sofa cost us almost 70% more in the UK than what it sells for in the US so it's luxury sofa prices over here!

18 months later, we've had some issues with the quality and unfortunately this expensive sofa hasn't lasted. (Keep in mind that even though we have two small children, our flat is a pied-à-terre that we only use periodically, so this sofa has been very lightly used.)

1. THE MAIN PROBLEM - On two of the pieces, the frame of the couch is sagging & protruding at the front edge, right in the area where you sit. Which leads me to believe the wooden frame is weak/cracked & poorly designed to withstand normal wear & tear. Has anyone else had this problem? (It's not like any of us are over weight or anything, so not sure why this has happened.)

2. We ordered the light grey micro-fabric. Like many reviews here, the fabric is loose and wrinkly and hasn't stretched back to its original shape.

3. We have the biggest two pieces up against a wall, and they slip all the time. My husband is planning to attach some rubber bits under the legs to keep it from slipping, so hopefully this will do the trick!

This all makes me very sad because I like the sofa very much - aesthetically it's perfect for our space & I like the flexibility of moving the pieces around. I'd also note that the fabric is easy to clean when say your toddler marks on it with a ballpoint pen - it comes right off! But overall, I'd say that if you want a couch which lasts you a long time and is good value vs quality... this is not the right couch for you! HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK RETURNING PIECES OR GETTING THEM REPLACED? I'd like them to replace the pieces where the frame is sagging, as it's only been 18 months!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of quality and late delivery. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of west elm tillary fabric sofa and associated monetary loss in the amount of $4000. West Elm needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned west elm tillary fabric sofa in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at West Elm.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

I too had a bad experience with west elm.I ordered a sectional, it arrived late and was in two colors......one side grey and the other side dove.

After about 5 hours of getting the run around in customer service they had me keep the sectional while they remake a new one. It took 14 weeks. I ordered the sectional in July and they called in mid April that it was finally in the warehouse. I turned it down and have started the process for a refund.

Their furniture is made in China even though there are hundreds of factories in the Carolina's.

The wait is out of control, the customer service is through William Sonoma, their parent company and I will never do business there again....in any of their companies.My suggestion is to open a case with the better business bureau.