We bought our Tillary tufted sofa (all the pieces/full set) Summer 2014 at West Elm's newly opened London store for almost £3000. It was initially delivered 2 months late, and the corner back rest even later. I was told by customer service that this was because the couches weren't passing Quality Control and were being sent back to the states to be remade. This made me quite worried initially, and I should have cancelled my order then and there! This sofa cost us almost 70% more in the UK than what it sells for in the US so it's luxury sofa prices over here!
18 months later, we've had some issues with the quality and unfortunately this expensive sofa hasn't lasted. (Keep in mind that even though we have two small children, our flat is a pied-à-terre that we only use periodically, so this sofa has been very lightly used.)
1. THE MAIN PROBLEM - On two of the pieces, the frame of the couch is sagging & protruding at the front edge, right in the area where you sit. Which leads me to believe the wooden frame is weak/cracked & poorly designed to withstand normal wear & tear. Has anyone else had this problem? (It's not like any of us are over weight or anything, so not sure why this has happened.)
2. We ordered the light grey micro-fabric. Like many reviews here, the fabric is loose and wrinkly and hasn't stretched back to its original shape.
3. We have the biggest two pieces up against a wall, and they slip all the time. My husband is planning to attach some rubber bits under the legs to keep it from slipping, so hopefully this will do the trick!
This all makes me very sad because I like the sofa very much - aesthetically it's perfect for our space & I like the flexibility of moving the pieces around. I'd also note that the fabric is easy to clean when say your toddler marks on it with a ballpoint pen - it comes right off! But overall, I'd say that if you want a couch which lasts you a long time and is good value vs quality... this is not the right couch for you! HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK RETURNING PIECES OR GETTING THEM REPLACED? I'd like them to replace the pieces where the frame is sagging, as it's only been 18 months!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Late delivery
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The chairs look great and the price is right. Problems started about 6 months after we bought them. The armrests split, but we just screwed them together. A couple of..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "This rug is a major health hazard and will stain your floor!The rug fibers come apart and go in the air (see attached photos of HVAC air filter). It is..."
- "Direct your complaints if you wish to Jonathan Naylor who is making a living out of investing in old debt He buys your old debt from banks then years..."
- "We were cheated when we rented our apartment through airbnb to find the common area was being renovated paint stripped off the walls and the carpet ripped up The apartment is..."
- "I bought a Galaxy s4 from MeriMobiles, since I opened it the battery was working 4 hours only from the moment I unplugged it, I informed them right away, they..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."