Washington, District Of Columbia

I ordered two upholstered chairs from West Elm.As advertised, I waited 8 weeks for their delivery.

Related: West Elm - Longest delivery

When they were delivered, the minor assembly required was not possible because the pieces were so shoddily made that could not fit together (i.e. legs too big to be fitted into corresponding holes and then bolted). Customer service - so far- has been NO HELP.

They keep saying - "Oh, those items are shipped directly from the manufacturer" -- as if that is my problem.Its been 3 days since I submitted the photos of the defective products -- no word from them.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE West Elm Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

Review about West Elm Dekalb Leather Chaise Sectional from Arlington, Virginia West Elm "I purchased the West Elm Delkab brown leather sectional a few years ago and the "leather" is now peeling and chipping off the cushion. After doing research I've realized this..." Read more West Elm - Defective paint finish on white mid-century end tables with drawers West Elm "We purchased two mid-century end tables with drawers to use as night stands approximately 8 months ago. When we received them we noticed a strong paint fume smell to..." Read more West Elm - Review about Emmerson Wood Dining Bench from Burbank, California West Elm "After my online purchase experience through West Elm, I will never be shopping at West Elm or any of its related retail branches ever. I ordered this bench and upon..." Read more West Elm - Defective Ironing Board (Bamboo & Fibertech) West Elm "Purchased the bamboo ironing board from West Elm in June 2015 (product #483701). By December, the Fibertech board had split in half, and now the nose of the board is..." Read more TruGreen Ruined My Beautiful Lawn Trugreen "I have been with TruGreen for one year. I had a lot of weeds so entered a year-long contract with them. The first technician did not spray the entire yard,..." Read more Dhgate - Seller Zoom174 - Order NO:335643019 - I never received my package :( it is more than 90 days and now I can not raise a dispute) Dhgate - Seller Zoom174 "Order NO:335643019 - I never received my package!! Now, it is more than 90 days and now I can not raise a dispute) and I tried to contact the seller..." Read more Rosewholesale - Did not receive package Rosewholesale "Placed my first order with rosewholesale on Feb 12th, 2017 and to date, May 23, 2017 I have not received my package. I have contacted them, opened several tickets but..." Read more Musicians Friend - Don't buy a use item from them Musicians Friend "This was suppose to be a slightly use guitar with pic marks...i live in Canada so I have to pay a additional 67$ to get the guitar from the Canadian..." Read more