I have been a loyal customer of both brands for years, and my experiences this year have been so disastrous, I do not think I will be coming back unless a remedy for my current situation is identified immediately.

I will start with the current situation and then provide context for my earlier issues this year.Delivery window 10/28-11/11Scheduled delivery for 11/15 (not so bad given my first order in 2023 arrived 2 months late)Delivery window was 4 PM to 7 PMI received a call, after sitting and waiting, at 9:30 PM (!) informing me my chair was not being deliveredI was told I would receive a call in the morning to quickly rescheduleI did NOT receive a call. In the afternoon I called the company and left a message.Shortly after I received a text with the first available delivery date in 16 DAYS!!!My chair/ottoman was 2 stops from my house yesterday and now I need to wait 16 days for it to make its way back?

I ask management and all employees at West Elm does this seem reasonable to you?

If you were the customer, would you feel satisfied by this? The response I got from a customer service chat just a few moments ago was there is nothing you can do, because delivery is outsourced. I have an idea! How about you call the outsourced company I can provide the phone number and demand that they deliver my furniture this weekend!

That seems like a reasonable resolution and one where West Elm takes accountability for their customer satisfaction. I have tried to contact them myself, but they dont seem to answer the phone, or return calls.

Further, the company you have chosen to outsource your services to should be revisited. This is now my second bad experience this year, and in talking to staff at both your local (Rochester area) Pottery Barn and West Elm stores, it sounds like delivery issues have been widespread and consistent for many customers in 2023. Maybe finding a new delivery team to outsource to is the right solution.

If they are not taking your customer satisfaction goals seriously, maybe they dont deserve your (or mine) business.

Maybe this would be less upsetting if I hadnt already dealt with a similar issue, all tied back to the delivery company, that resulted in my PB sectional being delivered OVER 2 months past my original delivery window this past fall.

There are lots of great furniture companies. I have been loyal to PB and WE for many years, but if I cant rely on getting my furniture when you say I will, I will be going elsewhere.

And I have no problem sharing my experiences with others so they dont end up in the same boat as me, dealing with the same frustrations.

I hope the current issues with my chair and ottoman can be addressed in a timely and reasonable fashion. I have always expected nothing but the best from your companies, but this is two big strikes in 2023!

User's recommendation: Unless your are okay with being frustrated and waiting for a long time for your items, shop elsewhere!

Preferred solution: Apology.

West Elm Pros: Great furniture.

West Elm Cons: Atrocious customer service, Atrocious delivery systems in place.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

West Elm Reviews