Mahopac, New York

I wanted to voice my experience in this forum. I am someone that does not have a yelp account and due to my busy work schedule, i never think it is worth my time to go reviewing on sites. However, this experience was much different.

I am been buying West Elm furniture for roughly 7 years. I had just moved into a new apartment and of course, West Elm was my first destination for furniture. I have never been more dissapointed.

My experience first started in the West Elm store on the west 60s. I wanted to order the Henry Sectional in the tweed. In the store, they told me that the Left arm chaise version was simply "unavailable". Therefore, we ordered the right arm chase, even though it was not our preffered configuration for our apartment. After leaving the store, I couldn't believe that West Elm, for one of their most popular couches, just did not have this version available. I called West Elm the next day and after speaking to them over the phone- it happens they DID have the left arm chaise available.

West elm notified me that they couldn't refund me for the first couch until it came into the warehouse. I was refunded weeks later...which is unacceptable customer service.

I still went through and purchased the right sectional for my apartment and scheduled the delivery date. Please note that i work in a high stress finance job and i had to work from home (slower internet) to receive this couch. It arrived completely wrong- right arm chase and right arm chaise. This was a careless and lazy mistake. When I called once I realized they delivered the wrong piece i was passed from person to person FOUR TIMES. Finally, the last person told me she would simply put my complaints in a notes section and to call back once the delivery had been made. When you have an unhappy customer- do not put the responsibility on ME to make it right. After living in our apartment for a week, we had a friend come over who owns the Henry Couch and she pointed out our back pillows are completely defective. When we sent pictures to West Elm they confirmed this and mentioned it would take them roughly 5 weeks to send new ones.

Lastly- i had to call to confirm my delivery time and date. The West elm wait times are completely unacceptable- i waited 20 minutes on the line to speak to a representative.

I have been so completely dissapointed with the responsiveness, clarity and support with this process ordering a couch. I would like to repeat this is the first review i have taken the time after work to write out. i have been offered no compensation or check in from customer service. For this headache, i would almost refer all friends and family to order from somewhere else.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Henry Fabric Sofa.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

#1201265

What do you mean you would " almost refer all friends and family to order from somewhere else"? ALMOST???

This type of customer service behavior should not be rewarded with repeat business and you should not buy ANYTHING from west elm or this family of business - Williams Sonoma, Inc. After my experience with West Elm, I for one, will certainly never spend another dime on anything from this family of companies again