Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Updated on 8/2/2022: Synopsis: July 13, 2022: I ordered an in stock + ready to ship item from West Elms website. July 31, 2022: Estimated delivery window came and went.

Aug 2, 2022 at 0932: called customer service, product not ready for scheduling. 0940: I filed Consumer Report. 1020: I file BBB complaint. 130pm: Charlene V cancels my order so that the Consumer Affairs complaint can be marked as resolved.

The long version: on 2 Aug at 3:22pm I receive an email from West Elm asking how my interaction with Charlene went.

Super weird since I never spoke to a Charlene on Aug 2. Thinking this was an error and there must be a status update regarding my order, I check the tracking status and it says ready for scheduling. Excited, I called West Elms customer service and spoke with Laquista 2Aug at 4:08pm to inquire about status of delivery. (Was transferred by 1st rep who said the order was canceled and I needed to talk to a csr).

Laquista says the order is ready to be scheduled for delivery and that someone will call me to schedule. I tell her that the website tells the customer to call. She says Well they usually call but Ill transfer you to scheduling.

I am transferred to scheduling and an auto message tells me to enter my delivery zip code. After entering my zip code it automatically disconnects the call.

I call back and spoke with Tanja who says the order is at the distro center at fidemitone NJ and provides their phone # 866-787-****. She then transfers me to this number. The distro says West Elm has yet to deliver the item to their distro so a delivery cannot be scheduled. They told me to call West Elm and get the tracking number and a trailer number and call the distro back with that info so they could perform a reverse lookup.

Called West Elmagain and spoke with Asia at 4:31pm EST and asked for trailer number and tracking number.

Asia says trailer # ** and the tracking # does not exist because West Elm has not sent the product to the distro. Asia then looks at the order notes and states the order was canceled at 1:30pm EST by Charlene because customer filed Consumer Report. Cancel order due to not in stock.

Charlene V canceled my order immediately after I filled a Consumer Affairs complaint. Charlene V is also the name of the West Elm representative who responds to a lot of these Consumer Affairs complaints.

Coincidence? I think not. I am still without my chair and seriously think the company is involved in multiple scams. First scam being false advertisement and second scam is with ensuring Consumer Affairs complaints are never posted.

Original review: Ordered a In stock and ready to ship chair from the West Elm website on June 13, 2022.

Delivery window was Jul 17-31. Called customer support on Jul 27 to see where the delivery was. The rep told me the chair was at their NJ warehouse and as soon as it's scanned Ill receive notification to schedule the delivery. I had family in town the weekend of Aug 1 expecting to have my furniture delivered before then or at least delivered during the window provided.

My family have since come and left but my furniture is still stuck in limbo. Ive called multiple times and was told the chair is now still in fulfillment. **!!!

Ive since ordered furniture from Wayfair which was delivered with white-glove service and no longer need the furniture ordered from West Elm. But because the West Elm order is still in fulfillment it's not eligible for a refund.

Never ordering from West Elm again! Most of their products say in stock and ready to ship.

This is a LIE!! I dont understand how a company can lie to the public and claim to offer services that are unavailable.

User's recommendation: Dont do it.

West Elm Cons: Unexpected delays, Shipping, Your inability to provide a product or solution for any issue, False advertisement.

Comments