Hastings On Hudson, New York
1.5
Style and Design

Horrible and incompetent customer service. I hope people keep sharing about their experiences with this company so they go out of business.

Ordered sofa which was on sale and was told if I got it in a specific color, it would be quick (3-4 week) ship. Figured was a good solution for me so I don't have to wait 8 week ship. After 5 weeks called customer service and was told it was a back ordered item in that color and delivery won't be for 8-12 weeks!! Amazing!!

Finally received the item in 11 weeks, only to notice couple of days later that buttons on seat cushion were unraveling. I called and called and called. Spoke to countless reps and was told the proper dept will be contacting me shortly. 10 weeks later and I'm still waiting.

Wow, for a popular company like west elm to get away with such completely unacceptable work ethics is beyond me. They should be shut down!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

LWD01915

I just submitted my first complaint ever for a company and it was the same experience that you and the other 2 I have read so far (am not going to waste my time reading the rest-they most likely has same problems). You order a product, any product from them and after a lengthy time, it suddenly becomes backordered (and then "Not available."). And you are correct about the Customer Service Dept-they are rude and useless in solving any problem.