I ordered a doormat on 12/10 from their website.When I ordered it, it was in stock.

The order confirmation said "estimated delivery 12/18/2015." That day came and went, then it said "estimated delivery 12/21/2015." It still never came. I called on 12/21, the customer service tells me it was back ordered and my order was now being fulfilled and waiting for shipment and that I would have it in 2 days. Two days goes by, it doesn't come. 12/23 I call, I am told "the item is still waiting for shipment and will be overnighted to you, you'll have it by Christmas Eve 7pm." It's 8pm on Christmas Eve and I still don't have this gift.

I call again. They now tell me it's still waiting for shipment, so I've essentially been lied to all week about it being shipped, and I'll have it Tuesday 12/29. I log onto my order this morning 12/26 and it says "temporarily out of stock, estimated delivery 2/22/2016." I call AGAIN, and now I'm told they're just going to refund my card. Are you KIDDING ME?!

This is how you do business?! Not only did their customer service reps lie to me every time I call, and I now have to tell my family member who I told last night that their gift is late but it's now NOT coming, but you just go and refund my card and that's that?! They are the WORST company I have ever seen and I can't believe they're even in business.

I will never shop from them nor recommend them to anyone ever again.They really should be ashamed of yourselves.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of west elm delivery service from West Elm. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants West Elm to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by West Elm for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

Renton, Washington, United States #1229672

I had a similar experience with the love seat we ordered from West Elm.I was told to expect a phone call from the shipper on Monday, 9/25.

That day came and went with no call. When I checked the status update online, it had changed from that time window, to a week later. Another phone call to customer service. A week later, the online status changed to "in transit from New Brunswick (NJ)." We are in Seattle.

The customer service rep told me to expect a call the following week. Ten days later, the online status changed to "in transit from Jamesburg (NJ)"...which is approximately 7 miles away from New Brunswick, NJ! In each case, I have had to initiate the call to customer service. Those that said that would follow up with me never did.

The item did finally arrive...but it appears that they modified the design in that collection, so it doesn't match the older piece I already owned.