West Elm Emmerson Collection poor quality
I have been an admirer of West Elm, and thought they were were known for lifelong quality pieces. Not the case. We ordered the Emmerson reclaimed table, bench, coffee table, and two leather couches. The Emmerson pieces LOOK extremely hardy, and indestructible. They are made of reclaimed shipyard wood, BUT they are slivers of the actual reclaimed wood, almost like a veneer. We have had the table for a couple of weeks, and the coffee table 2 days. They already have chunks that fell out, and varnish that chipped off. Not happy. The table was $1,000, bench was $500 and the coffee table $400. For $2k I expect furniture that will last at least 10 years.
I have head nightmare stories about their customer service, but will try and see what can be done. shipping also took almost 6 weeks, when it was listed at 2-4 weeks.
I would definitely rethink this collection from West Elm, and do your research!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Like the sales associate that assisted me
- Look of item s
What I disliked
- Delivery and product quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Emmerson Reclaimed Wood Dining Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a sofa sectional back in June. In September the incorrect pieces arrived. In December, 6 months after original order date, we finally got the remaining correct piece of..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- " Read other reviews and learn, Red Robin Sucks! We ordered by phone to go, Phone rang for at least 2 minutes and then at least 3 more before someone..."
- "Review of Walgreens Pharmacy at 1570 E Fairview, Meridian, Idaho. Their Pharmacist need continued education!!! As a consumer I rely upon companies like Walgreens to have educated people in their positions that..."
- "I recently experienced buying a piece of pumpkin loaf at the El Cajun, CA Starbucks. I have been getting coffee and pastries at Starbucks for years, so I was shocked..."
- "I now deeply regret not having checked first with the BBB in South Florida prior to doing business with City Furniture. Turns out the BBB has over 300 unresolved complaints..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."