55 views
Verified Reviewer

I cancelled my order when I got an email from West Elm telling me my order delivery was going to be delayed till Nov. 10/Nov.3.

I got that email on July 7, call them to cancel on July 8.

From there till now, 8 have talked to 4 different representatives, their names Theresa, Denia, Jill and Moise. The 3 first all lied, saying the credit was applied and it would take 24-48 hours to appear on my credit card. The credit, much more than 24-48 hours after the first call and the rest of them in the following days, is not yet applied. Today is July 16.

On July 14, 2:43 pm, I got a call from West Elm.

A man told me that he is the one taking care of my credit. According to what he said, it would take some more days for the credit to take effect. I told him that has been said previously to me every time I have called West End and I cannot believe any word said by any of West Elm employees. The man was impatient and when I asked him his name again, he hang up on me.

Going back to Mosei, he was inteligible, so I asked to talk to a supervisor.

That call on July 12 was at 8:45 pm. Moise put me on hold, so music was playing while I waited for a supervisor. From time to time Moise would reappear saying (difficult to understand) that it was a long distance (?) call and he was still waiting for a supervisor.

Exactly 1 hour later, at 9:45 pm on July 14, 2022, Moise hang up on me.

The previous calls, all 3 women said the credit was applied and it would take 24-48 hours to be posted.

How many hours between July 9 and July 14, when that last person from West Elm called me and said it will take several days to cancelled the order?

Also, all of them have refused to give me a confirmation number for this cancellation (hopefully) in progress.

Never in my life I have had an experience like this one with a store.

It is obvious West Elm is not careful selecting employees. It looks to me like they are amateurs trying to do the least to get a salary and the customer does not mean anything in their eyes, and they do not realize that it is actually the customer the one paying that salary.

Reputation is as fragile as a piece of thin glass.

West Elm does not keep that in mind.

User's recommendation: Get ready for incompetence if you buy from West Elm.

Location: Delmar, New York