Glen Cove, New York
2.7

I am so upset to see all of these comments! Why didn't I look before I ordered??

I have been having the worst time with West Elm too. I thought West Elm was a great company since its part of the Pottery Barn/William Sonoma brand. I ordered a bed over the phone from the store in Huntington NY. The sales lady told me that since the bed was on sale the coupon I had would not work.

I believed her and ordered it over the phone. Well, I then looked on line and the coupon did work! So I called the store back. They told me they could not adjust the price on a previous order because that is 'company policy' but I could reorder it at the discounted price and then cancel the original order.

I placed the new order and then was told I had to cancel the order not with them but with the customer support number. Well that call took over an hour as I was repeatedly transferred and left on hold. I was then told the order was cancelled but they could not 100% guarantee it wouldn't end up being processed because their shipping department works so fast. Seriously??

They recommended I call back to confirm cancellation. I called back for 3 straight days and was told same information. I felt confident the order was cancelled. I received an email to schedule delivery so I called and scheduled it for today.

I received a confirmation email and realized it was a delivery for the original order! Argh!! I called West Elm yet again. I was on the phone with them for 90 minutes!

90 minutes!! End result, the delivery for today 'should be cancelled', but if they show up, you should probably refuse delivery" Really? I was told my other order at the lower price is being processed so they should also be scheduling delivery soon. I asked if they could just change the order number on this delivery so that I can accept the furniture but I was told no because then I would have to pay the higher price.

I cannot believe what a complete waste of time this has been. I am sure their delivery people will not be happy. Looking forward to them coming back with the same item in a few days. If its not broken when they get here, they will probably junk it as they assemble it.

I keep thinking that at least the bed will come and I will be happy, but after reading these reviews, I am worrying that my customer service nightmare is only just beginning. I will keep you posted....

West Elm Pros: Huntington ny staff.

West Elm Cons: Long wait, Despicable customer service.

Comments