San Diego, California
Style and Design

I love the look of West Elm products, but have had issues with their customer service and furniture. We ordered the Lorimer couch and chaise in a custom fabric so it took 3 months to receive.

I was promised phone calls to set up a delivery date only to receive no phone call. Then when I called them they didn't have a delivery date for another 2 weeks. 4 months after receiving the couches one of the wooden legs snapped. Seriously?!?!

So I called customer service--- on hold for 25 min.... Explained to the rep what had happened and requested a credit to west elm to purchase other ones. She assured me someone would be contacting me within 24-48 hours.... Patiently waited...

10 days later I called them. 20 min hold time--- then they tell me I have to call another number for quality assurance customer service. I call that number with the extension for the person who had gotten assigned to my case-- no luck. Call again the next day and very politely tell her what happened.

She said they can do a full replacement for the couch but it wouldn't arrive until 2 more months!!!! I told her I don't feel confident that this wouldn't happen again as we have only had this couch for 4 months!!! And it's not like we are doing anything on the couch besides sitting! I requested a store credit, but obviously don't want to keep either couch.

She said that is probably NOT going to happen. So now I am stuck with a broken couch, $2k in the whole for both couches, not to mention the couches are SO uncomfortable. DO NOT ORDER ANY FURNITURE FROM WEST ELM, POTTERY BARN, or any company associated with them! TOTAL RIP OFF!

And terrible customer service. I also ordered some bedding from them and waited, waited, waited for 2 weeks until finally calling the store to see where all of it was? Something got messed up in their computers and it wasn't being sent out for some reason.

Wth? I'm sure it's hard being a customer service rep, but it would be great if they could return phone calls, hear the customer out, and provide good service to make customers happy!

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments