1.2
Style and Design

Update by user Jun 02, 2015

UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS REVIEW

So, these idiots are actually worse than I previously thought, which I really didn't think was possible.At the same time I placed the ridiculously painful order of the desk, I also ordered 2 bar stools.

I was told they were on back order and would be available on May 28th. Ok, these things happen. We can wait a month. So today, 38 days later, I decide to call in to see how they have screwed up this one, which they seem to do with everything, and am being told it will be not another month, but two more months from now that I "might" receive them.

So, something I was told would be around a month to deliver is now going to be over three months, and even then I am skeptical with their reputation. I actually talked to some people that work within the company or have in the past and was told "yeah, they completely have their heads up their a$$es".

I was told they have no clue what is in stock, when things will arrive, etc.

In conclusion, if you want an awful, frustrating shopping experience, where they don't deliver what they sell you, and have no idea if or when your products you order will arrive, and if you enjoy being treated like cattle, then West Elm is definitely the store for you.I was so looking forward to getting the last items that would ever connect me to this group of imbeciles, but I guess I am going to have to wait another few months.

Never again, West Elm.

Original review posted by user May 19, 2015

So, I have had about 4 miserable years of doing business with West Elm.They get things right about 15-20% of the time.

My most recent experience involved me calling the local store to see if a desk was in stock. They checked after a long hold, and said "yes, come on down to get it." I drove downtown, found parking and waited in line, only to be told "oops, we don't have it all." So, I complained, ordered the desk online with the manager that was 'in stock', waited 23 days for the delivery of my 'in stock' desk to find out the hardware wasn't included. I called about this to be told that the hardware is back-ordered and that I wouldn't get it for another 24 days. They offered me 10% of the order, which to me illustrates how little they care about their customers and how unwilling they are to rectify their mistakes.

I will never do any future business with West Elm and will go out of my way to tell people how painful their experiences are.

I have never seen a company so disorganized, incapable and unconcerned about their customers experiences.I recommend avoiding them at all costs.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $800. The author is overall dissatisfied with West Elm. The most disappointing about west elm customer care from West Elm was customer service and ordering online , but reviewer liked design aesthetic. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about West Elm.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare West Elm to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments