Northampton, Massachusetts
1.5
Style and Design

I will never again order from West Elm. My expensive outdoor chairs arrived and we opened the boxes (which in itself was a major battle) and proceeded to put the chairs together.

They looked great but as we got going only one of the three chairs was even able to be assembled. The holes for the screws didn't line up, the grooves and notches were in the wrong places and nothing fit on two out of three. One off them was perfect and went together easily. If this wasn't annoying enough customer service was ZERO help and tried telling me things like there was nothing they could really do to help me as these chairs came from a third party!

I ordered them from West Elm, I paid West Elm, it says West Elm on the box and even has stickers saying West Elm on the poorly made chair parts. No apology, no working with me. I think West Elm is a load of ***. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with them all they could say is that I had to take them all the way apart (those screws are very hard to reach and the tool that came with them is almost useless) and repackage them into the boxes (which I have to somehow reconstruct as they were not willing to send me a new box) and take them to UPS to be returned.

My advice, order from Room and Board! They are absolutely wonderful with amazing customer service and beautiful products they stand behind rather than hiding behind a claim of a "third party".

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Chair.

West Elm Cons: Customer service and return policy, Customer service and delivery, Value, Customer service, Quality.

• Terrible product
  • West Elm customer service
  • mid century modern furniture
  • Terrible Customer Care