West Elm ruined our family Christmas giving traditions. For the last 40 years, we have sent gifts to my husband's two sisters by mail, UPS, FedEx and more recently by ordering online. We've never missed a Christmas.

Imagine our dismay on this past MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2016 when we were notified that two items we ordered on December 14, 2015 were just now shipping. When we placed the order we were given a delivery date several days before Christmas. We didn't give it a second thought. We were away for the holidays and had no idea that our gifts were not delivered on time. When we called to West Elm this week we were offered a $50 gift card to solve the mistake, about a 50% discount on the gifts we purchased.

We are now embarrassed beyond words because we trusted West Elm to behave like every other online retailer we ordered from and deliver goods as promised. They did not tell us the items were on back order. They took our money and did not let us know they couldn't deliver - just so we wouldn't go somewhere else.

Shame on you West Elm for taking and processing an order that you knew you could not fulfill for 3 weeks!! My gift card is the last $50 I'll ever spend on your merchandise.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of other product. West Elm needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned other product in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at West Elm.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments