Scottsbluff, Nebraska
2.2

I had ordered a black leather couch from the West Elm store near Lincoln Center in New York City. The date was set for delivery and I was told the couch would be delivered that specific day between 10am and 2pm.

I cancelled my work appointments (loss of income) for that length of time on that date and stayed in my apartment awaiting delivery. By 2pm the couch had not arrived, and no one had called me to inform me the delivery would be late, so I called customer service at the West Elm company number. They apologized and assured me it would be delivered by 3pm. By 3:10 pm the couch had not arrived, nor had I received a call from the company, so I called them back again.

After waiting on the phone for about 20 minutes a representative picked up the line to inform me the couch "should be there by 4pm, but might arrive as late as 5pm". So, after already having waited 6 hours for a delivery, with no couch and no real helpful customer service to expedite delivery (or even give me a time-accurate update) I cancelled the order. They did refund the complete amount in my debit card. I will never shop at WestElm again, and I strongly recommend others seek elsewhere for quality furniture as well.

Tomorrow I'm looking for a couch at both Macy's and Raymour Flannigan. Good luck-

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Sofa.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments