Retailers, like West Elm Store, are more evil that those banks charging exorbitant fees. Congress has noticed the banks. It's time to take a look at retailer practices. I bought five pillows at a West Elm Store. Stupidly, I let the clerk talk me into getting a special card so I'd collect points good for future purchases. It turned out to be their credit card – he wasn't exactly up front. When the credit card bill came I sent off a check and paid in full – on time.

Well, apparently my payment was not received on time. So, the next month I received a bill with only a late fee and interest on the late fee – the late fee was $20. I wrote a note, explained that I did not think I should have to pay this, and thought that was that.

No, no. The bills keep coming – every month. And each month they add another late fee (for $20 bucks) and accumulated interest. I wrote another note. It's up to < $100 bucks now. West Elm Store started harassing me for the late fees immediately. They call seven days a week, starting around 8:30 a.m. The number is usually 303-255-5045 or unknown. An internet search revealed that there are tons of consumer complaints about the harassment associated with this number. They call at least four or five times a day and when I don't answer the phone (duh?) they call my business line. I tried explaining my position to them, got ignored and now just suffer the harassment of the endless calls.

They called Sunday morning at 830. I had my volume off. Keep calling West Elm Store. No one's home to take your call. Oh, and you might want to spend your time going after real delinquent accounts.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 04, 2009.

Comments