Brookhaven, Georgia
2.0

As the other reviewer stated, buying furniture from West Elm is like throwing your money into a black hole". And I would have to agree.

I didn't have any issues with delivery and the people at the store were very accommodating when I called to order directly from the store, which actually wound up saving me about $200. I purchased the white wood child TV console, which looks really good on the website but not so well in person. The issue I have is when I went to pick it up it was boxed in separate parts, and for $1100 I would expect a piece of furniture that price to be preassembled, I'm not buying something from target/IKEA ya know?

After getting the monolith home and realizing that it was going to take almost 30 to 45 minutes to put it together and I saw how cheap the furniture really is I realize that I probably could've saved $500 if I bought something similar from target.

The white lacquer finish is truly not a lacquered finish, as it scratches off very easily. I feel totally ripped off and it's not worth the money that you pay for it or the aggravation of having to put together furniture that should already be preassembled at the prices that they're charging.

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Tv Stand.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

That's what that surcharge of $100 is for. They put it together for you.

But, you got it shipped to store and saved $200 and therefore didn't pay for white glove. So, yeah you have to put it together.

And what do you think lacquer is? Concrete?