Nashville, Tennessee
1.5

I would like your help with my order situation. I've ordered 5 shelves when West Elm emailed me a good coupon, and saved a decent amount of money.

A few days later I received an email saying they cannot find the shelves, thus cancelled my order. I called their customer service and spoke with a CSR who was totally clueless and unhelpful. I used to work in a call center, and when an embarrassing situation like this occurs, the company does everything they can to remedy it because they don't want to lose the customer. Well, not West Elm's customer service!

I asked for their help to find something comparable and they couldn't. I looked online, and they had exactly the same shelves with a prism mount instead, which would have worked just fine. Then I asked to talk to a supervisor, and she said they were busy, but they will call me. Well, I'm still waiting for that call.

How much time is this going to waste? I've never experienced such a bad customer service following a bad online system. I only had a short window to buy these, and I turned down your competitors offers, and even told my husband he did not need to buy these shelves from a local company (that was also running a temporary special) because I've ordered them from West Elm - a company that I always respected and loved, until now. I've never purchased anything from a website and later got an email, sorry, we actually don't have it.

What is this? Walmart? I need West Elm to remedy this situation, and send me a comparable set of stand alone shelves.

I am not going to pay more than I have because West Elm's online system does not work right, and they made me miss the window of opportunity to buy it at a good price from their competitors. A deeply disappointed and frustrated customer.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

West Elm Pros: Merchandise.

West Elm Cons: Customer service.

Comments