Revere, Massachusetts
4.1K views
1.4
Style and Design

I order the Peggy sofa in March 2015 and had to wait 3 months for it to be delivered. It was constantly back ordered.

I had to make countless phone calls to check in to see what the deal was. Worst customer service by they way.Finally, the day of delivery the truck apparently was stopped by the department of transportation for a drug search and was told that It may have to be rescheduled for another day. I freaked out an insisted that it be delivered no matter what since I've waited so long already. I got a call from the driver saying he could make it to my apartment and would call me when he's 30 min away.

But instead I got a call from him saying he's 5 minutes away. There was no way I could make it home in 5 minutes since I was 30 miles away from my house. I was totally pissed but happy to finally get this long awaited couch. I had no idea at that point how much of a disaster this was gonna be at that point.

So, now I get the couch and I'm sitting on it and notice that while I sit on the cushion all the buttons pop up and flop over making it painful to sit on and they are catching and ripping on my clothes. I called customer service and had to email pics of the defective cushions they said it looked like they weren't filled enough and they can send me replacement cushions (THAT TAKE 6-8 WEEKS!!!!) again I was pissed at this wait time and can't believe after all this I get a defective couch. I decided to just order the *** replacement cushions and hope for the best. Well, when they got to me they were someone else's cushions.

I GOT THE WRONG ORDER!!! I was now so beyond pissed that it turned comical. I called and was told I'd have to start a whole new replacement order and wait another 6-8 weeks HAHAHA!!! Also I was told that since there had been so much time that had passed the replacement cushions wouldn't be from the same spool of fabric so they would be a shade off.

I was so upset at this point. So finally after almost 6 months of waiting and dealing with this I've decided to return the whole sofa because this is too insane to deal with.

I'm not sure why this was all so hard for west elm get straight. I'll never order a single thing from them again!

Product or Service Mentioned: West Elm Sofa.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

West Elm Pros: Design.

West Elm Cons: Late delivery, Most products cheap, Misleading information, Service, Quality.

• mid century modern furniture

Comments

We are on our second set of replacementertainment cushions due to button failure. Not pleased.

I have the same problem with the buttons catching on clothing and popping off. Very disappointed in quality of this sofa.

We had the same poor service when we ordered our Peggy, minus the truck situation and delivering the wrong item. The worst customer service time and time again.

They allowed you to return it? Even with customized fabric?