1.7
Style and Design

i bought the Jardine outdoor dining table with matching benches and end chairs in 2012.Spent close to $2000 on it and the table and one bench is literally disintegrating.

The bench leg just broke off while we had guests over and it was a huge embassassment never mind the fact that the poor elderly gentleman had a nasty fall! I'm appalled that a set that cost this much and is covered most of the year would do this. Very bad quality for the price. Rather just go to Target and get something cheaper and with better quality to be honest for a fraction of the price.

I always thought that you get what you pay for, buoy was I wrong. Their customer service was terrible when I called them to tell them what had happened, they told me it's not their problem and I must get it fixed, well it's not fixable. It's rotten and dangerous. The customer service at the Atlantic Station store was even worse, I was basically told they are busy with holiday decor and got the phone slammed down in my ear.

Really? I would have expected more from them.

Not going to be buying from them again...Ever.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of west elm outdoor furniture from West Elm and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1300 and wants West Elm to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was lack of ownership of issue. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by West Elm for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with West Elm?

Comments

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1291717

I had the same experience with this furniture from West Elm.And it amazes me that they're still selling this junk.

I purchased the Jardine table, bench, 4 chairs and the side cart. All in all I spent over $2500. Every single item began to fall apart within one year. At first the fungi started growing and eventually each piece literally disintegrated.

When I complained at my local store, they explained that this furniture was meant to last only 1 or 2 years. What a joke!

Stay away from this junk!Crate and Barrel's Alfresco line is way better.

West Islip, New York, United States #1211148

Just started searching for other complaints on this line of outdoor furniture. I too spent nearly $2K on the set of 8 chairs and they have practically all fallen apart, are growing fungi, all around horrible experience - worse furniture purchase we've ever made. When calling the company I too hit a wall.

Now that I know there are others, i'm going to make a huge complaint.

These are dangerous (we too had a guest fall on a chair) and we have now had a professional carpenter confirm that this is not outdoor grade wood or hardware.

West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, United States #1183026

Thank you for this review and photos, I really liked the design but thought they wouldn't be durable and this is enough to keep me from buying.

Cheers

Smyrna, Georgia, United States #1071192

I had the same problem.One chair has broken (occurred with guests over!), the bench is literally falling apart underneath piece by piece and the table is warped.

This should be INDOOR furniture, not outdoor.It is absolute junk!